The clever chiefs at Macsweens have come up with a little twist to the traditional Burn’s Supper making it a simple dish to serve any night of the week, or maybe as a special winter meal starter – especially as it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
The following measurements are for two serving, but just double or treble them according to the size of your clan!
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes. Serves 2
455g haggis – cooked according to packet instructions
Pureed turnip and carrot
1. Cook some baby new potatoes, preferably those with a waxy texture for a better result. Allow about 2-3 potatoes per person.
2. Once cooked, cool off and scoop out a hollow from the centre of the potato.
3. Fill with hot haggis and pipe pureed turnip and carrot at the side to give a good colour contrast.
4. Place on oven trays, brush very lightly with oil and cover with foil.
5. Re-heat in a moderate oven
Serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley on top.
Go on, gie it laldy.